— Barbara H., Special Education Teacher, Missoula, MT
Share Your Story
Read Naturally's Next-Generation
Read Live is Read Naturally’s web-based intervention and assessment program, designed to provide differentiated instruction to meet the needs of a wide range of students, from first grade to adult. Read Live consists of:
- Read Naturally Live, an intervention program, based on the same powerful strategies used in other Read Naturally programs, that engages students with a motivating curriculum supporting fluency, phonics, vocabulary, and comprehension.
- Benchmark Assessor Live, an assessment tool for screening students for overall reading proficiency.
Read Live’s powerful web technology platform allows administrators the option of easily deploying it on one computer or across an entire district. Students can use Read Live at home, under the direction of their teachers and with the support of their parents. For schools implementing a Response to Intervention (RTI) program, Read Live is an ideal standard protocol intervention for students served in Tier 2 and Tier 3.
READ LIVE VERSION 1.4—OUR BEST READ LIVE YET
In addition to prior updates we’ve made to story content and ongoing enhancements to functionality for students, Read Live v1.4 now features improvements to the Teacher module to make it easier to use, the ability to email progress letters and awards home to parents, and improved scoring on the Phonics word list to make it easier than ever to monitor student progress.
Complete list of what's new in Read Live v1.4
ADVANTAGES OF READ LIVE
Read Live offers customers a number of advantages:
- Lower implementation costs: Because Read Live is web-based, all software and content is hosted on Read Naturally's computers. Customers just need a web browser with Adobe Flash support. There's no other hardware or software to set up, install, or maintain.
- Simplified pricing: Schools pay one price for each student and receive access to all 13 of our Sequenced levels (focused on fluency-development) and all 6 of our Phonics levels (focused on fluency with an emphasis on phonics/decoding).
- Online assessment: Benchmark Assessor Live’s online interface makes it easy to capture, analyze, and compare assessment results.
- Streamlined administration: Read Live makes it easy to centrally manage students throughout a school or district. With a few clicks of the mouse, you can transfer students to another school, change the grade or teacher for a group of students, or make students who have graduated from the program inactive so their seats are available to new students.
- More privacy: Read Live includes new options for administrative and support roles, enabling you to limit access to student data to only the people who need it.
Read Naturally Live is a web-based implementation of our highly effective fluency intervention. Read Naturally Live also supports vocabulary development and promotes comprehension. Our powerful strategy that combines teacher modeling, repeated reading, and progress monitoring is now even more engaging with many new features:
- A Wordtastic vocabulary game that actively engages students in vocabulary development while they wait for their teacher at the Cold Timing and Pass steps.
- An optional Spanish read along for many Sequenced series stories that supports native Spanish speakers by tapping into their background knowledge and exposing them to the story content in Spanish before they read along and practice the same story in English.
- Audio for the third read along that models an expressive rate for some levels.
- New and updated stories at most levels.
- Expanded phonics lessons and updated word lists for practice (in Phonics levels).
- Upgraded and revised comprehension questions
- Additional vocabulary words, illustrations, and definitions.
- Photo illustrations for all stories.
The Sequenced series uses the principles of the Read Naturally strategy to develop fluency and promote vocabulary and comprehension development. Each level in the series includes 24 high-interest nonfiction stories.
Levels Included: 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0, 5.6, 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
The Phonics series uses the principles of the Read Naturally strategy to develop fluency and phonics. The phonics levels feature stories and word lists that give students practice with particular sounds. Each level in the series includes 24 high-interest nonfiction stories.
Levels Included: 0.8 (Word Families/Short Vowels), 1.3 (Word Families/Long Vowels), 1.8 (Blends and Digraphs), 2.3 (R-Controlled and Other Letter Combinations), 2.6 (Short Vowels), 2.7 (Long Vowels)
Read Naturally Live 12-Month Subscriptions
- Read Naturally Live subscriptions include access to 13 Sequenced and 6 Phonics curriculum levels for all enrolled students (see pricing below).
- Purchased seats can be reassigned if a student completes or leaves the program.
- Technical support is included.
|6 seats||RL01B||$299.00 ($49.83/seat)|
|30 seats||RL01C||$599.00 ($19.97/seat)|
|130 seats||RL01D||$1999.00 ($15.38/seat)|
Benchmark Assessor Live is an easily administered, web-based oral reading fluency assessment for monitoring students’ overall reading proficiency and identifying students who may need an intervention. Assess all your students with Benchmark Assessor Live in the fall to screen them for reading problems and identify those who may benefit from an intervention, like Read Naturally Live. Assess your students in the winter and again in the spring to track their overall reading achievement.
Efficiently Use Your Time
Benchmark Assessor Live makes it easy to capture students’ assessment results. In five minutes, you can test a student on the three field-tested passages appropriate for the student’s grade level (grades 1-8). The student reads from a printed passage while the teacher follows along on the computer, clicking missed words. The software automatically calculates each student’s words-correct-per-minute (wcpm) score.
Using Benchmark Assessor Live’s reporting capabilities, you can quickly see which students most need additional reading support. You can also evaluate progress using student’s average weekly improvement. Individual reports for each student provide general recommendations based on student results.
Benchmark Assessor Live 12-Month Subscriptions
- Benchmark Assessor Live subscriptions include access to oral reading fluency benchmark assessment passages and reporting for up to 50 students.
- Technical support is included.
|50 seats with a purchase of Read Naturally Live||BAL01||$35.00|
|50 seats without a purchase of Read Naturally Live||BAL01||$49.00|
To order Benchmark Assessor Live, call Read Naturally at 800.788.4085 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: As of 5/1/2012, Benchmark Assessor Live licenses are no longer included at no charge with new Read Live subscriptions. Current subscribers will retain all Benchmark Assessor Live licenses for the duration of their existing subscription period at no additional charge. New Read Live subscribers may purchase Benchmark Assessor Live licenses at the prices listed below. Please contact Read Naturally if you have questions or concerns about this new policy.
To ensure proper implementation, all Read Live subscriptions include full technical support for the educational institution that purchased the subscription, over the life of the subscription. Support includes online documentation, e-mail support, and phone support (Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central Time).
- Submit a software support request: Support Request Form
- Call Read Naturally technical support:
800.788.4085 or 651.452.4085, option 3